Here are some tips to maintain your locks so as to prolong their lives.
Digital Locks ( Door Locks or Digital Safe )
- Remember to change batteries every 8 months to 1 year to prevent battery from leaking. Liquid or residue from leaking batteries can cause serious harm and corrode parts.
- Ensure that the door is properly closed and when it locks, it should be smooth. If the lock has difficulty locking, it may be due to door alignment problems. You may wish to contact us to correct the alignment.
- Use the right product to lube the lock. Applying or spraying some oil, WD-40, sewing machine oil, or similar products in the keyhole or the locking latch is a fairly common fix.
- Using the right product to lube the lock. Applying or spraying some oil, WD-40, sewing machine oil, or similar products in the keyhole or the locking latch or moving parts.
- Take precaution as to not slamming the door as this may cause the door hinges or lock screws to be loose over time which in turn may cause lock alignment problems.
- Maintaining the life of your door hinges by purchase of suitable lubricant. Lubricant used on door hinges should be capable of penetrating the grime and coating the interior of the hinge to keep it working effectively. Eliminating that squeakiness or stickiness.